The Louisiana Section of Air and Waste Management Association serves as a special awards judge for the State Science and Engineering fair at LSU every spring in the Senior division of environmental management and environmental science.
- First Place ($500) Jillian G. Eskew of St. Joseph’s Academy – “The Impact of Biofiltration on the Nutrient Content of Fertilizer-Doped Water”
- Second Place ($400) Pranshu Khanna of Caddo Parish Magnet – “The Effect of Sawdust vs. Chitosan Powder in the Removal of Congo Red Dye from Water”
- Third Place ($300) Anna C. Leyrer of St. Joseph’s Academy – “A Biological Restoration Model for Contaminated Coastal Marshes and Islands Using the Life Cycle of Acheta domesticus to Establish Environmental Sustainability”
- First Place: Sarah Gad (Alexandria Country Day School) $300
- Second Place: Eshaan Tandon (Caddo Parish Middle Magnet) $200
- Third Place: Rex Kilpatrick (Mandeville Junior High) $100