The Louisiana Section of the Air & Waste Management Association is searching for candidates for a one-time cash scholarship award in the amount of $5,000 (1 recipient) and $2500 (2 recipients). The award also includes a one year student membership in the Air & Waste Management Association.
- Mae Anne Mangaoil ($5,000) – Undergraduate in Chemical Engineering at LSU
- Benjamin Wolf ($5,000) – Undergraduate in Chemical Engineering at LSU
- Morgan Lauck $5,000 (LSU)
- Colleen Slade $3,000 (LSU)
- Nayara de Souza $2,000 (UNO)
Eligibility: Individuals must meet the following minimum requirements to be eligible for award consideration:
- Must be a full time student during the year of the scholarship award attending a college or university or law school located within the geographical region of the section. (Louisiana and the Sabine River Region of Eastern Texas)
- Must be at least a Junior and no higher than Master’s level graduate student during the year of the scholarship award (Fall 2019 and Spring 2020).
- Must have at least two semesters (or three quarters) of schooling remaining at the time of the award (Minimum Fall 2019 and Spring 2020).
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree with the major in engineering, physical or natural science, or public health. (Note: Those pursuing a degree in computer science are not eligible.) Students pursuing a law degree are eligible. Doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Must show through course work, projects, personal interest, etc., a desire to promote air pollution control and/or solid or hazardous waste management.
- Must have at least an overall 3.00 or higher on a scale of 4.00 including all coursework through the last completed semester.
- Must be interviewed by Louisiana Section representatives. The interview will be scheduled by the Section after the application deadline.
- The winning applicant should attend the Louisiana Section meeting in September to receive the scholarship award.
Application: Application materials submitted via U.S. Mail must be postmarked by Friday, May 31, 2019. Applications materials submitted via e-mail to the contact listed below must be received by 11:59 PM on Friday, May 31, 2019. Receipt of electronic submittals cannot be guaranteed should technical difficulties arise. Application components submitted via e-mail must be in Portable Document Format (PDF). Facsimile transmittals will not be accepted. Only complete applications received on or before the deadline will be considered. The following application components should be submitted:
Section 1: General Application Information Sheet
Complete the attached general application information sheet.
Section 2: Résumé
Enclose a one to two page resume emphasizing career interests and goals.
Section 3: Interest and Award Statement
Provide a one to two page statement of your interest in the environmental field. Describe how the award will be applied.
Section 4: Transcript
Supply a current copy of your college or law school transcript.
Section 5: Recommendation
Supply a letter of recommendation from your major professor or department head which should be returned to you in a sealed envelope. The envelope should be signed across the seal by the person submitting the recommendation. As an alternative, an e-mail can be sent from the major professor or department head directly to the contact listed below. A recommendation letter in PDF may also be sent from the person providing the recommendation directly to the contact listed below.
Section 6: Current Financial Awards
Provide a list of all financial awards, including their amounts and basis for selection (need or merit), expected to be received during the year of the scholarship award (Fall 2018 and Spring 2019). The amount of tuition for a full year of school should also be included.
Selection Process: Awards will be made on the basis of academic record, plan of study, career goals, recommendations, and financial status without consideration of sex, race, national origin, age, or physical disability. The Scholarship Awards Committee reviews all applications received and its decision is final. Announcement of the scholarship awards will be made in June.PD.16805527.1
- Send the completed package to:
Louisiana Section Scholarship Award
c/o Corey Gautreaux
PPM Consultants, Inc.
7936 Office Park Blvd. Suite A
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70809
- Attach the sealed envelope with the Letter of Recommendation to your packet.
- If you would like a written confirmation that your complete package was received on time, please provide an e-mail address or include a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
- Have your major professor or department head e-mail your Letter of Recommendation in PDF directly to the e-mail address below.
- E-mail the completed package with all application components in PDF to:
PPM Consultants, Inc.
- A reply e-mail will be sent upon receipt